Friday, July 31, 2009

2-for-1

Some time has passed and I've had two visits to the Waystation, so you get a 2-for-1 special today.

My second day of volunteer work was cleaning the duck pond. I know what you're thinking...."What's exotic about that? Where's the wildlife? Ducks are at the pond in my neighborhood park." But does your local duck pond have wild emus running around with you and two black bears just on the other side of the fence? Which is kind of a tease for the two bears, actually. I'm sure they'd love to get their hands on some duck a la carte for dinner one day.

It was normal cleaning and raking with the exception of one of the emus shadowing me the entire time and pecking my head everytime I bent over - again with the hair fetish???!!! I found one dead baby snake - a coral I think - I need to get better at recognizing my slithery friends. One I do know is the rattler. And I came upon one who let me know right away that I was encroaching HIS territory...so that's where I finished my raking.

And this past Thursday I did produce pick-up. I was assigned a market to go to and pick up all the produce they normally would have thrown out that day. I had about ten boxes in my truck. I got hungry on the way up there and at a banana. I'm sure the chimps wouldn't mind.


Sent on the Now Network� from my Sprint® BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment