Saturday, August 29, 2009

Angeles National Forest fires


fire that broke out last night in La Cañada

Quick update from last Sunday....did not end up seeing Moran out on a walk....but ended up being with him all day cleaning his den. He mostly slept but he he purred a little at me...sounds more like a "wwwwooooan". But he was very comfortable sharing his house with me.

I did produce pick up today. Two loads. There are two fires that have broken out in the Angeles National Forest...about 40 miles from where the ranch is located. The smoke was crazy thick. I had to cover my nose and face with a bandana. I felt like Billy the Kid from the old western days.

driving up to the Angeles National Forest

I hope the fires are contained and exterminated quickly. That mountain range is a home to lots of horses as well. I feel badly for all of the animals in the area that have to breathe that stuff.

By noon Saturday, the fire spread to 7,000 acres and was five percent 
contained. Approximately 750 firefighters were battling this one blaze.


A helicopter in the Angeles National Forest

I did my rounds of saying hi to my favorites...Moran the lion, Cinammon and Kachina, the two female black bears, and of course, Zulu the Zebra. Even gave Zulu some banana, his favorite.
Speaking of horses, the Del Mar races were awesome last Sunday....going again this Sunday. I'll post some pics this time.

1 comment:

  1. So did you not take the goats and ferrets to show them?

    ReplyDelete